The OAC, in collaboration with NKT Productions, is beginning a new venture this year with the webcasting of an OAC Basketball Game-of-the-Week. The series will be held on the eight Wednesdays that comprise the mid-week dates of the OAC schedule. There will be four men’s games and four women’s games featured in the series. In addition, NKT will webcast the OAC Men’s and Women’s Championship final game on Saturday, February 23.
“We’re really excited about this new program and we hope this is something that can grow into bigger and better things,” claimed OAC Commissioner Tim Gleason. “Our student-athletes deserve this attention. OAC basketball is high quality and fun to watch.”
The program will highlight a full scale production with four cameras, three channel instant replays, play by play and color commentators bringing all the action to the viewers. The games will be streamed live in High Definition on NKT.tv and linked to the OAC web site. The direct link to the online channel will be available on participating member institutions’ websites or at NKT.tv/OAC. All games can be accessed online or from android and iOS devices via the NKT.tv application where games will stream live on channel 200.
“NKT Productions is proud to be working with OAC to provide greater access to the fantastic athletes of the Conference,” said Preston Meyer, General Manager of NKT. We are hoping our relationship with the OAC can blossom into more exciting ventures.”
All 10 OAC members will be featured in the program. No member will appear more than twice and no gender will appear more than once. During each webcast, the two institutions involved shall be afforded the opportunity for one 60-second public service announcement (or two 30-second spots).
All regular season games will tip at 7:00 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, December 5: Mount Union at John Carroll (Women)
- Wednesday, December 19: Marietta at Muskingum (Men)
- Wednesday, January 9: Otterbein at Wilmington (Women)
- Wednesday, January 16: Capital at Heidelberg (Men)
- Wednesday, January 23: Wilmington at Ohio Northern (Men)
- Wednesday, January 30: Capital at Marietta (Women)
- Wednesday, February 6: John Carroll at Baldwin Wallace (Men)
- Wednesday, February 13: Heidelberg at Ohio Northern (Women)
- Saturday, February 23: OAC Women’s Tournament Final (3:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, February 23: OAC Men’s Tournament Final (7:30 p.m.)